Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Falling into place


Welcome back, my vicarious travel companions!

I'm in Santa Cruz this week for a training refresher for my new rope access job. This is such a great place to be. The air is filled with the smell of the ocean, and also of eucalyptus and pepper trees, and of millions of spring flowers. Fresh oranges and avocados are abundantly available at the countless organic food stores, which are nearly as common as excellent Mexican restaurants.



the sun is shining, the trees are lush and green, and the people are smiling, radiant, and nearly naked.

I walked down the wharf last night and watched the sea lions that climb onto the lower decks at night. They were playfully splashing and shouting their raspy barks into the darkness . These beasts are so much bigger than I had imagined, They are nearly the size of a grizzly bear. Clumsy and awkward on land, but as fast as a whip when they drop into the sea.





The folks at Rope Partner seem to really like me, and I think this is going to be an excellent job. Everything I've heard so far about the company is even better than I had imagined it would be.

No comments: